Sunday, January 1, 2012

One more year


Let me start off with Wishing you all a Happy New Year, filled with happiness and good health.

As we all know, this is our last year on earth before it explode or something on December 21st (lol)
So let's make it count!

As for me 2009-2010 were the best years of my life.
2011 wasn't that exciting in terms of adventures, but it was very educational.

I started my second semester in my program in Funeral Directing. I was proven to be more difficult then the first one, but I kept working hard and studied as much as my brain could handle.
I started my internship/ 2nd year into the program in May after finishing my 1st year with distinctions.
I found myself in the small town northern Ontario, in a small funeral homes with 4 others employees.

Slowly learning the ropes of the trade, i realized that I really enjoyed my work, but I started longing for more.
Being in a small funeral homes, it does happend to be 1-2 weeks straights without any work to do. It get's long and boring after a while. I started missing my family dearly, specially in the months closer to the birth of my first niece.
I came to the decision that I wanted to move back closer home once I would pass my license, just so I could be closer to my family, back into a city life, and in order to gain greater experiences.

In October my niece was born and well as getting a new car.
Life isn't so bad, but it could be better.

I got selected to be part of a documentary on losing weight, but after a few phones calls and having them telling me different things then originally told (yes you can get your own dietitian, but she has to be approved by us and no we wont approve her because we want you to use our very expensive dietitians) So i decided to drop the project, but also decided to stick with my dietitian (which btw is covered by OHIP if you have a doctor's referal).

I can't really pin point an exciting part of 2011. It was pretty straight forward. Didn't get the chance to travel, go to concerts or do anything really exciting.

But it's OK, because I plan on making 2012 great!

here's my plan for the year. It's not a resolution, I hate that word.
Goal will remains dreams unless you set a plan.
So I'm making a plan in order to achieve a few things this year.

1- I will go meet with a dietitian once a month (or every 2 weeks). I will go to the gym 3-4 times a week all this in order to lose 60lbs by October. I will also try and start a blog about my weight lost on youtube in order to gain support and perhaps help others struggling losing weight.
Why October? my mom is getting married, and I want to wear an amazing dress! Being able to shop^for nice clothes would be nice, rather then wear the only clothes I can find that fits me and start looking frumpy.

2- I will study hard in order to pass my licensing exam in June.

3- I will settle myself down in a bigger city in order to be more social like i used to be, and perhaps meet someone.

4- Save up money in order to go on Vacation in Japan during the summer and be able to see Kanjani8 8 years anniversary.


So those are my 4 goals for this year and they will come true because I am setting up a plan for each of them. They are doable and not overly impossible.

Today I will make a list of all the things I need to do in order to achieve all those goals. And I will post them on the wall infront of me (behind my computer screen) so that I can see it everyday and see what I need to do next.

4 years ago I did the same when I wanted to start my Funeral Director program. I made a list of everything I needed in order to apply for school. and within 8 months I had done everything and was then able to start my program.

I believe I can do it again. It is exhausting and i'm sick of seeing myself the way I am now. I'm tired of trying to find excuses and blame on others for the things I do wrong.

If the end of the world is really coming to and end this year, then I want to look good when I go!

BONNE ANNÉE!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try to lose weight, too!! I'm always saying this, but I am giving myself 6 months before I even start to try on wedding dresses, so I desperately want to look better than I do. If you do a youtube blog I might as well, and we can support each other! I wish I had a dietician here, but I joined a website to log my nutrition.. just hope I keep up with it.

I'm going to ask my GP here if they do dieticians in the UK that are covered by national insurance, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Happy new year! Even though 2011 wasn't all that adventurous, I think you've accomplished a lot work-wise :)

Marie P.L said...

Thanks Em for your support!
If you start a blog, I will definitively support you through that too.
I didn't know OHIP coverts it until my sister told me about it last month, so i think it's worth checking, or ask your doctor if you have one there.

if you have an iphone or android, check out "my fitness pal" it's a calorie counter app where you can scan the food as well and follow your friend's progress. My sister, mom and I are on it. I kinda neglected it in the past 2 weeks, but i will start using it again. check it out!

C. Cua said...

Are you serious when you say you can't pinpoint an exciting part for 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really hurt Hudson's feeling lol!!!

Marie P.L said...

yeah but that's more like an excitement for you.