Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Autumn

The weather is finally getting cooler. Last week I was in shorts and tshirt which is very weird in Canada at this time of year. But today it is cold. Cold enough to wear a small jacket and maybe a scarf.

Which means : Halloween is coming!

Falls (or Autumn) is my favorit season. I like the weather, even if it rains a lot. It's not too cold and not too warm.
We get to wear comfy clothes and eat comfort foods.
The air is crips and smells like the dead leaves paving our streets in reds, yellows and browns.
So beautiful!
Then by the end, just before winter arrives, we have Halloween!
My favorit holiday!


Kids and grown up gets to dress up as anything they fancy.
Imagination takes over reality, as houses are decorated in order to scare you or welcome you for free candy.
Superheros, Princesses, witches, monsters and many more are running around town at night.
With candels burning inside pumpkins with faces.
It's one of those time a year where it's ok to be up past sunset as a kid, eat lots of candy and run around knocking at stranger's houses.

What's not to love?

I may add that I always had a bit a taste for the macabre too (look where it has lead me!)
So every year, I want things to get scarier. Be it my costumes, or make-up or pumpkin and decorations.
For me, Halloween is suppose to be be scary...not funny, not cute, not sexy....but morbid, bloody, decomposing scary!
every year, I had a small horror movie marathon on my own.
Hands out candy until 8pm, put a sign up saying " no more candy"' at the door, curl up on the couch with the left over candy and watch a good old horror movie! lol

This year I was told that our town doesn't really celebrate Halloween. That most kids don't go door to door..It made me sad, but my coworker said he would come to my door with his daughters just for me! It's gonna be their first halloween too (2yrs and 10 months). So now i'm happy. I'll make them some cupcakes just for them!

So what do you like about Halloween?
Are you planning to dress up, if so as what?
What do you normally do on Halloween?
Which is your favorit season and why?

3 comments:

C. Cua said...

That's so cute about your coworker!!! lol

Unknown said...

So what do you like about Halloween?
Hmm I like the candy, everyone setting up decorations and all the little ones dressed up in costume...also dressing up myself XD

Are you planning to dress up, if so as what?
I plan to be a pirate!

What do you normally do on Halloween?
Each year has been different. haha so can't really say!
Which is your favorit season and why?
I like Canadian summers, and Japanese springs! :D

Anonymous said...

So what do you like about Halloween?

J'aime voir les décorations, les déguisements, les bonbons (je m'en achètes à tous les ans pour moi lol) les enfants qui font du porte à porte dans les rues tout excités... mais malheureusement ca ne se fête pu fort fort aujourd'hui :(


What do you normally do on Halloween? Are you planning to dress up, if so as what?

Normalement je ne fais pas grand chose mais depuis 2-3 ans environ mes amis font un party d'Halloween et c'est encore le cas cette année. Et comme déguisement, je vais porter ma robe chinoise que mon chum m'a offert à ma fête, ca me fera enfin une occasion pour la porter :D Je sais ca ne fait pas peur mais je ne suis pas du genre à être full à fond sur un costume et trop dépenser de l'argent pour ca et je suis nulle pour m'en fabriquer un XD lol


Which is your favorit season and why?

Sans hésiter c'est l'été!!! J'aime quand il fait chaud!! Je ne tolère pas le froid et pour dire que je vis au Québec lol Se promener jusqu'à tard le soir et il fait encore chaud *__* Il fait clair plus tard aussi!! Je trouve l'ambiance meilleur, l'atmosphère est plus joyeuse, les gens plus heureux, manger sur les terrasses en prenant une petite bière XD Je sors plus en été... Il y a les vacances aussi ^^ Enfin bref, vive l'été pour moi :D